I've decided to post some articles that I've written in the last few months. Hope you find them encouraging and challenging.
Here's the first one.....The Road to Redemption
For many of us life has not turned out to be very easy. For some it’s actually become downright difficult and hard. The Bible suggests that we should rejoice in all circumstances, but too often rejoicing feels like an impossible task on this lonely, dark and cold planet. We are offered a reminder today that our role as the Body of Christ is to dispense joy and hope and redemption in this world. We are called to be light in darkness. We are recruited to be Christ’s ambassadors of friendship and reconciliation. As a way of responding to God’s call and challenge this week, consider trying just one of the following five suggested paths as you help others down the road to redemption.Five Possible Paths on the Road to Redemption-
1. Donate some canned goods to a local food pantry or give some clothes to a local outreach ministry.
2. Go visit with people in the emergency room waiting room of a local hospital.
3. Forgive someone who has hurt you.
4. Offer to baby-sit one of your neighbor’s children so that they can have a night out (you could even throw in some free movie tickets if you want.)
5. Secretly give some money to a co-worker who is struggling financially.